BEECH POWER partners City of Angermünde, Slovenia Forest Service and the National Park Paklenica cordially invite you to participate in the international conference “World Heritage Beech Communities – experiences, results and conclusions”, taking place from 16 to 18 February 2022 as a hybrid event (online and on-site) in Angermünde, Germany.
The main target group of the conference are representatives from the four project target areas/ Beech communities and the respective component parts of the World Heritage Site “Ancient and Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe”:
- Angermünde/ Grumsin (Germany)
- Loška dolina/ Snežnik-Ždrocle (Slovenia)
- Občina Kočevje/ Krokar (Slovenia)
- Starigrad/ Suva draga-Klimenta and Oglavinovac-Javornik (Croatia)
The main objective of this conference is to:
- share the experiences and results obtained within the project´s first thematic work package “Empowering WH Beech Communities as models for ecosystem-based sustainable development”
- discuss further opportunities for WH Beech Communities as drivers for sustainable regional development and
- jointly define requirements, options and key points for enhanced regional cooperation and development of WH Beech Communities.
Additionally, representatives from the responsible protected area management authorities and ministries as well as relevant local and regional stakeholders (e.g. of the adjacent municipalities) are cordially invited.
Registration will open on the 17th of January 2022.
We are looking forward to an informative and activating conference with new inspirations and ideas to put the model of World Heritage Beech Forest Communities into practise!